Sunday, March 15, 2015

Uninspired Day

Write, Share, Give

We made it home from church this afternoon and while my daughter had rest time and my husband headed out to play Ultimate Frisbee I thought, "This would be a great time to sit and write today's slice."

I didn't, because I had no idea what I was going to write about. I led worship this morning and then had been wrapped up in details from being a member of church council. I did get a chance to talk with a lovely couple, as it was their last Sunday before moving on to other adventures. But there wasn't a moment that stood out as 'a moment of life' to sit and write about.

Laundry, dishes, making dinner, cleaning a child, weekly Skype conversation with in-laws, eating dinner, bedtime routine all passed and again I had a moment that I could sit and write. Again I had no inspiration about what I could possible write about.

My husband and I sat together to continue our Star Wars marathon. Another 20 or so minutes into Episode XI I was nodding off. My husband knew I hadn't sliced yet so thought it might be a good idea for me to sit and write. He offered to head into the kitchen to prep vegetables and fruit for the week. I was bleary eyed and still uninspired so I lie down on the couch, set a time for 32 minutes, and promptly drifted off to sleep. Much more than 32 minutes I awoke. The timer had exhausted itself on silent and I still had no idea what I was going to write about.

Now it is past eleven and a moment has not magically unfolded, though there have been fleeting thoughts of possibilities nothing has sparked the writer within me. Never-the-less, this is a muscle to be exercised regularly this month and I will do my dangdest to not miss a day.

There you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Even though you think you had nothing to say, you did! A slice is a piece of your life and that is what you shared. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete