Friday, July 4, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for handbells.

The amount of joy that ringing handbells adds to my life is enormous. Living overseas I do not get the opportunity as often as I would if I still lived in Seattle. (Though the joy of handbells is part of my everyday, as it is how I met my husband.)

This year I got home just in time to be able to attend the Area X Handbell Festival in Yakima. I got to ring! I spent about seven hours ringing on Saturday and about eight hours ringing on Sunday. (With tape positioned in the appropriate places on fingers and ringing assignments carefully accepted I managed to still be able to move after it all.) The hours of ringing included both rehearsal and performance including a double duet for the worship service and massed ringing (where lots of choirs play the same music, in unison.)

No comments:

Post a Comment