Thursday, June 5, 2014

Music in the classroom: A reflection

Music note by cyberscooty - Beautiful drawing of musical notes on a serpentine.Clipart by cyberscooty

A couple of months ago I wrote this post about allowing individualized playlists in the classroom. What I have noticed is that after the initial excitement of something new there has been zero interest.

I have even reminded them, occasionally, of appropriate times that they could be listening to music. It is not that they don’t have music with them, most of them have a device in their bag, they simply don’t choose to listen.

Now I am wondering why. So many times we hear how students want to be listening to music while they work, but in my classroom that does not seem to hold true.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Being who I am, I truly appreciate music while I work, unfortunately, as soon as I turn it on, my work takes a back seat. I've also been told that I seem to have a radio going on in my head all the time, and in fact, I blurt out noises, sounds, quotes from LH on the P etc. sometimes without even knowing. :-)

    ReplyDelete