Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Migraines

I could sure do without 'em.

I am thankful for medical science that has made the drugs that combat nearly all of mine. (It is very rare that I need an injection, but just knowing it is also available is comforting.)

The vast majority of migraines cease to begin after menopause - bring it on!

Migraines are unique to each person. The most common triggers are chocolate, bread, cheese, and red wine. I am thankful that only one of them is a trigger for me, red wine. Heat is a trigger for me as well, good thing I no longer live in the tropics!

sols_turq

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi,
    I suffer from stress and tension headaches that sometimes linger over a few days. I don't think I've ever had a full-blown migrane but I completely sympathise with those who do. Headaches are not any fun! Glad to hear that you know what triggers yours and that you are able to control them. Menopause has its advantages!
    Regards,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you were able to write a slice with a migraine!

    ReplyDelete